- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar well
- Rub in the soya marge (as if making pastry)
- Slowly add the soya milk, moving from a paste to a smooth mixture with the consistency of batter
- Whisk the mixture briefly to ensure there are no lumps
- Pre heat a large, non stick frying pan and melt a little marge into it
- Carefully pour about 1/6 of the batter, swilling round the pan to ensure the mixture is evenly spread
- Flip carefully (or not so carefully depending on how much fun you are having!) and serve immediately with your chosen filling
Cooking Temperature: High
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes each
Serves: 6 pancakes
Keeps For: 0 days
Tips and Comments
- Make sure the pan is really very hot before beginning unless you are happy to sacrifice your first attempt to 'experience'!
- Classic versions with lemon and sugar are just as tasty as more adventurous options.
- Try a savoury filling and swapping the sugar for chopped herbs or vegetable bouillon powder.
- See Not-Dairy for more info on soya milk and marge.