Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
- Beat together 50g of the soya marge with the light brown sugar and use it to grease the bottom and sides of your baking tin
- Arrange the pineapple rings in the base of the tin, setting a cherry in to the centre of the rings and any other gaps
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside
- Slightly soften the remaining soya marge and blend with the white sugar, cider vinegar, pineapple juice and vanilla essence.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat until you have a fluffy batter (add more pineapple juice if it does not seem wet enough)
- Spoon the cake mix on top of the pineapple rings and gently spread evenly into the tin
- Cook at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the middle clean
Cooking Temperature: 180 degrees
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Keeps For: 3 days
Tips and Comments
- Do not use a loose bottom cake tin! The topping will melt out and leave sugary glue all over the bottom of your oven!
- See Not-Dairy for details of soya marge.
- A classic Sunday teatime favourite, this is also delicious served warm with ice cream as a dessert.