- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potatoes until soft then set aside
- Heat the tomato purée, miso paste, crushed garlic and chopped onion in a large pan with around half a pint of water
- Add the bouillon, rosemary, sage and black pepper to taste
- Add more liquid (left from the potatoes if you have it) and stir in the dry soya mince, mixing continuously for 5 minutes
- Add the chopped vegetables and allow to simmer gently
- Blend the sweet potato with the almond milk until smooth; add the fresh coriander at the end and pulse until mixed but still visible
- Transfer the cooked vegetable mince to an oven proof dish and top with the puréed sweet potato
- Texturise the surface with a fork and sprinkle with chilli flakes
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until crisped on top and serve with a fresh green salad, coleslaw and/or similar
Cooking Temperature: Medium Hob /200 oven
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Keeps For: 5 days
Tips and Comments
- This variation on a Shepherd's Pie also takes a Mediterranean twist but can be easily amended for a more traditional version, substituting the sweet for regular potato and swapping the aubergine and courgette for peas and carrots.
- The miso paste adds flavour but is also a great way of adding 'healthy' bacteria to your diet from the fermented soya!
- Can also be served with hot vegetables or fresh crusty bread.