- Cut the soya marge into the blended flours and rub in until the texture resembles breadcrumbs
- Slowly add the cold water one spoon at a time and beat until a firm dough forms
- Cover the dough and place it in the 'fridge
- Heat the blackberries in a saucepan for about 5 minutes or until a good amount of juice has bubbled out
- Strain the blackberries and set the juice aside
- Roll out the pastry and press it into a greased flan dish, reserving some for the lattice strips
- Prick holes in the base of the pastry and bake for 15 minutes
- Roll the remaining pastry into an oblong and cut into 1cm strips
- Mix the sugar, chopped apple, lemon juice, and mixed spice into the blackberries
- When cooled, spread the blackberry mixture into the pastry base
- Arrange the pastry strips in evenly spaced rows at angles to one another, pressing the ends into the crust
- Return the lattice to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes
- Serve hot or cold with a spoon of plain soya yoghurt and a sprinkling of mixed spice
Cooking Temperature: 200 degrees
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Keeps For: 5 days
Tips and Comments
- This is obviously best made with your own hand picked wild blackberries but you could buy them for a shop. If you want.
- The reserved blackberry juice makes excellent ice lollies when mixed with 2 parts apple juice!
- See Not-Dairy for details of soya marge and yoghurt.