- Place 220g of blackberries in a pan with 100g of sugar and the lemon juice
- Heat gently until the fruit has broken down and formed a jam-like consistency (around 15 minutes)
- Grate the orange peel into a fine zest and chop the fruit into small pieces
- Add the orange fruit and zest along with the rest of the sugar, ginger and mixed spice to the tofu and blend thoroughly
- When the blackberries are cool, spoon some into the bases of two appropriate serving vessels
- Layer with roughly 1/4 of the orange tofu and repeat
- Top with a spoon of blackberry mixture, a few whole blackberries and a slice of orange
- Serve immediately or chill
Cooking Temperature: Medium Hob
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Keeps For: 3 days
Tips and Comments
- You could do a quick version of this using shop-bought blackberry jam and marmalade instead of using fresh fruits.
- If you are serving it immediately, try adding some granola or other crunchy cereal into the layer.
- See Not-Eggs for info on silken tofu.