- Cook the sushi rice as per instructions on the packet and leave to cool. Stir in the sushi seasoning
- Cover a sushi rolling mat with a sheet of cling film and place on of the sushi nori sheets on to it
- Spread a quarter of the sushi rice carefully onto the seaweed sheet, leaving a margin at one end clear of rice
- Place a row of carrot, cucumber or pepper on top of the rice and carefully roll the mat over and around the filling, producing a 'tube'
- Continue to roll (taking care not to trap the cling film in the rice!) and then wrap the sushi in the cling film before chilling
- Chill for at least 2 hours before carefully slicing in to about 9 pieces per roll. serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce
Cooking Temperature: Medium/Low
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Keeps For: 3 days
Tips and Comments
- Sushi rice, sushi nori, pickled ginger and wasabi can all be found in most Chinese supermarkets.
- Makes a good starter for Mock Duck Stirfry.
- When eating it, stir the wasabi in to the soy sauce to reduce the eye-watering strength!
- I have been told that the idea of the pickled ginger is to cleanse the palette between pieces but I don't know how true that is... I've also heard that it is intended to be finger-food and you're not really supposed to use chopsticks but that's entirely too messy for my liking!