- Soften the coconut by placing it in a bowl standing in freshly boiled water (don't let the water spill over into the coconut!)
- Mix the flour and baking powder
- Mash the banana with a little of the Almond milk and stir in the vanilla essence
- When soft, rub coconut into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles bread crumbs, then stir in the banana and remaining milk
- Gently fold in the whole blackberries
- Evenly distribute the mixture between 6 muffin cases
- Cook at 175 degrees for 15/20 minutes or until they rise and a skewer comes out of the middle clean
- Allow to cool, then serve as they are, or with blackberry jam and soya cream for high tea!
Cooking Temperature: 175 degrees
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Keeps For: 5 days (as if!)
Tips and Comments
- You can use frozen blackberries which will break down a little easier and turn the mixture purple!
- See Not-Dairy for details of milk alternatives.