- Peel, seed and grate the cucumber
- Stir in the salt and place the cucumber in a sieve over a bowl; press out as much of the juice as you can with the back of a spoon
- Grate the garlic as finely as possible Until it is essentially a paste) and combine all the ingredients
- Chill before serving
Cooking Temperature: N/A
Cooking Time: N/A
Keeps For: 3 days
Tips and Comments
- See Not-Dairy for details of soya yoghurt but make sure you use a non-sweetened version.
- Alpro is great for anything sweet and readily available but no good for this; try Provamel or Sojade.
- Pressing the liquid out of the cucumber is a really important step else the dip will not be creamy.
- No need to waste the cucumber peel, seeds or juice; use solids in a salad and the juice in a dressing.
- Use this dip to counter the heat of pickled chillies and serve with houmous, pitta and falafel!