- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl then whisk together the coffee, milk, oil, vanilla essence, and cider vinegar
- Thoroughly blend the coffee mixture into the flour until you form a thick batter
- Pour this into a greased, lined sandwich tin
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool fully before cutting the cake in half across the diameter
- Mix together all the ingredients for the icing and spread half across the top of each piece
- Place one half on top of the other and cut into slices
Cooking Temperature: 180 degrees
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Keeps For: 5 days
Tips and Comments
- The 'Half-Moon' method can be applied to any cake when you don't need a full round.
- Equally, you can double these ingredients and make a full sized coffee cake!
- Try adding nuts or adjusting the amount of coffee if you prefer it stronger!
- See Not-Dairy for more info on soya marge