- Combine the dry ingredients (except the chocolate and rice paper) and mix well
- Add the soya milk, maple syrup and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and blend until you form a sticky 'dough'
- Roll the coconut mixture into ten balls and use a dessert ring as a template to flatten each ball onto a piece of rice paper
- Carefully trim the paper around the dessert ring
- Lightly bake for 10 minutes before allowing to cool fully
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water and drizzle over the macaroons to decorate
Cooking Temperature: 180 degrees
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Keeps For: 5 days
Tips and Comments
- You can leave these as balls if you prefer, or make them without the rice paper. Cook for a little longer if unflattened.
- Top with glacé cherries instead of chocolate for a bit of variety!
- See Not-Dairy for info on soya milk