- Blend the chunked pineapple (about 300g) with the banana, orange juice, 30g of coconut flakes and the cardamom pods
- Stir the oats into the blended fruits (blend further if you prefer a less chunky texture) and chill. Soak this overnight if possible
- Melt the golden syrup and soya marge slowly on a low heat before folding in the fruit oat mixture
- Add the puffed rice and mix thoroughly before pressing half the mixture into a greased baking tin
- Create a layer of pineapple slices and press the remaining oat mixture on top.
- Scatter the remaining coconut flakes on top and brush with a little more melted golden syrup
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees, checking frequently to avoid burnt edges
Cooking Temperature: 180 degrees
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Keeps For: about a week
Tips and Comments
- This relies mostly on the fruit for sweetness with minimal syrup for binding. You may prefer more sugar if you like things really sweet.
- You can of course use tinned pineapple, in which case you may want to use the juice from the cans instead of orange juice.
- See Not-Dairy for info on soya marge