For the Base
- Mix the Shortcake dough and use a dessert ring (if you have one) to cut the bases
- Bake at 160 degrees for 15-20 minutes then allow to cool.
For the Not-Cheese
- Make a batch of Not-Cheese, ensuring as much of the liquid as possible has been squeezed out
- Mix the icing sugar into the Not-Cheese and using the dessert ring, press even amounts firmly onto the tops of the shortcake bases
For the Topping
- Allow a batch of Strawberry Jam to cool to room temperature and carefully spread over the surface of the Not-Cheese
- Decorate with sliced strawberries of shaped pieces of shortcake (as in the photo!) and return to the 'fridge until well chilled
Cooking Temperature: 160 degrees
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes (plus prep & cooling)
Keeps For: 3 days
Tips and Comments
- Serve with soya cream fresh fruits or an ice-cream alternative (see Not-Dairy for more info)
- See individual recipes for details on obtaining specific ingredients.