Mocha Recovery Balls
- Soak the prunes in the fresh, hot coffee for 10 - 15 minutes
- Combine the chopped nuts, chia seeds and 25g of cocoa powder before working in the peanut butter to make a crumbly blend
- Roughly chop the prunes and drain, preserving the liquid coffee grounds
- Using a food processor or stick blender, begin mixing the prunes and coffee grounds into the nut mix
- Add 1 teaspoon of the remaining coffee at a time until you achieve your preferred texture but don't let it get too wet
- Divide the mixture in to ten blobs and roll these into balls by hand
- Roll the balls in the remaining cocoa powder and refrigerate until ready to serve
Cooking Temperature: N/A
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Keeps For: 5-7 days refrigerated
Tips and Comments
- The idea of these is that they deliver a hit of protein, sugar and 'good' fats for speedy muscle recovery after a long or hard run but you are of course at liberty to devour them whenever you fancy!
- Take care when blending; this is a dry mix and you don;t want to burn out your blender!