- Roughly chop the garlic and cucumber into chunks and crush the pieces with the side of the knife blade and the palm of your hand
- Combine the vegetables, peanuts and vinegar to the serving container
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving
Cooking Time: N/A
Serves: 3 - 4
Keeps For: 3 days, refrigerated
Tips and Comments
- This was inspired by a meal I was served during a visit to a university campus in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, in summer 2013
- Taiyuan is well known for its vinegar production but this works just as well with any locally sourced Chinese black vinegar!
- Serve with Chinese Style Vegetable Skewers or Jenny's Sticky Tofu for a complete Chinese eating experience!