- Melt together the sugars and treacle with about 75ml of water until well blended
- Add the soya marge and mix well until fully melted
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spices and baking powder
- Pour onto the flour and beat until a dough is formed that leaves a clean bowl
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours
- Knead the dough until it becomes pliable once again and roll it out as thin as possible
- Cut into desired shapes and bake for 6 minutes
- Allow to cool briefly before serving
Cooking Temperature: 180 degrees
Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
Serves: 60 biscuits
Keeps For: 5 days
Tips and Comments
- The traditionally Swedish version of these are heart shaped and made at Christmas, with a hole in to hang as decorations.
- Go really very well served with strong, fresh black coffee! Be warned; incredibly more-ish!
- See Not-Dairy for details of soya marge.